Monday 5 August 2013

Traffic Congestion in Gurgaon

Posted by Gurgaon Renewal Mission On 03:12 | No comments
Yet another rainy day and the struggle reach office on time begin. I sit behind the steering wheel making plans for the day starting with an important meeting that I need to attend in the first hour of work. The moment my car reaches the main road, I am in a fix. I stare in amazement at the long queue of cars on each side of the road.

The traffic is bad and there is no way to get out of it. “No choice”, I said to myself and joined the band wagon. Sitting in the car moving inch by inch, I wonder, is this real face of the famed Millennium City of the country or is it just an extension of rural India deprived of the basic infrastructure? I also think as to whether there is any hope of improvement in the scenario. When I look around, I see a new shinning board of upcoming residential apartments or shopping complexes. The road in front was a sharp contrast to the promises and pictures about the developing city on the board.

Traffic Congestion in Gurgaon has become an increasingly big problem in now a days. These days, the problem has aggravated due to awful rains. Few days back, I read about one of the massive jams that occurred at the Ambience Mall and how the entire area around was affected because of this. Many residents of the city blame the mall management for the fiasco. But in reality the entire civic system is to be blamed for this failure.

Pot-holed roads not only provide bumpy ride but further slows down the traffic.  The result is ever increased waiting time on the roads. The lack of discipline on the road with people not adhering to lane driving, pedestrians crossing the roads at their whims and fancies does not help either. The faulty and choked drainage system leads to further water logging and adds to the traffic woes.

There is a compelling and urgent need to rectify the situation and take immediate corrective action. The civic bodies and the residents should jointly work to reduce this menace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment